This recipe makes enough for one mommy and two little ones. Adjust amounts according to family members/appetites.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 c quick oats
- 2 1/4 c vanilla soy or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp milled flax seeds
- Diced strawberries
- Cane sugar to sweeten to taste
- Combine oats milk, and flax in a medium saucepan and put on low-medium heat. At this point I let it do its thing while I do the various stuff that must be done in the morning, walking by every few minutes to give it a stir.
- When it's thickened, remove from heat.
- Add to bowls and stir in sugar to taste. (I wait to add the sugar until it's in the bowls because *shhhhhh* I put more in mine than in the kids'. Don't tell.) Top with diced strawberries.