Baby Foodie French Toast
|We all have priorities. Ironing isn't one of mine.|
For babies 9 months and up
I use a full slice of bread and give half to each baby. It will work just as well with half a slice for one baby.
1 slice whole wheat bread
2 teaspoons breast milk or formula
A couple of drops of vanilla extract
A couple of dashes or cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Add the milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk to mix.
2. Dredge the bread slice in the egg mixture.
3. Melt a small pat of butter in a skillet (I prefer cast iron due to its nonstick quality) over medium heat.
4. Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
5. Slice into fingers and serve.
For the curious: The fruit in the picture in a mixture of stewed apples and blueberries.